-->

Skin Care I've Been Using Lately!!

 To be completely honest with you guys, I used to have HORRIBLE acne in my teens. Once I got to like, say, my senior year of high school it started to clear up, and got almost completely better by college. I accredit the clearing up of my skin a LOT to lifestyle changes... aka being healthier in my personal choices and also my eating habits. Drinking water a ton is great for your skin too! I try to drink at least 3-4L of water a day. Add lemon for flavor! I also try not to pick at my face or touch it a lot during the day. Taking time doing your makeup and using products you love sure helps with this issue, you don't want to mess up the perfect piece of art that is your face now do you?! If there is a particularly nasty zit that I need to get rid of in order to go in public without terrifying passerbys, I use a warm clean washcloth to do the trick. Basically, in the morning, I wash my face with the Best Face Forward Daily Cleanser (got this at Ulta) and moisturize with The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream, followed by my primer and then makeup for the day. At night, I remove my eyemakeup with Ponds Cold Cream, and then wash my face with either the cleanser, or with St Ives Apricot Scrub. I like this because it has all natural ingredients. *SALICYLIC ACID IS FOUND IN MOST FACE WASHES, AND IS A CHEMICAL THAT CAN SEVERELY DRY OUT YOUR SKIN, CAUSING IT TO PRODUCE MORE NATURAL OILS IN AN ATTEMPT TO STAY MOISTURIZED, WHICH LEADS TO MORE BREAKOUTS!* So if you are prone to oily skin, I don't care how shiny it is, you STILL need to moisturize! Then use a matte foundation or setting powder to take away that shine later. Your skin needs it! At night I use The Body Shop Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream. I have been having pore clogging and breakouts along my chin and lower cheeks lately, and I am starting to think it's from my MAC Studio Fix Powder, has anyone else had this reaction?? I am going to lay off it for a bit and see if that helps... About once a week I use the mud masque but it kind of really is TOO tingly I can't keep it on for too long! But my skin feels really pure and clean after I do use it, I usually paint my nails while I wear it around the house looking scary! I change up my routine about once a month and always like to try new products! What are your favorite skin care products?? Oh, Winnie wanted to get in on the picture taking ---> :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

T H A N K » Y O U » XX