-->

HOLY GRAIL PRODUCT: Macadamia Deep Repair Masque (and review)



So for those of you that know me, my hair journey has been a long and confusing one. I literally have had every color hair (except like, rainbow colors) ranging from bleach blonde to bright red to jet black and even some phases of pink and purple here and there. Two August's ago, I cut my hair off completely; see inside for a photo :



It was such a love/hate relationship. One day I'd be feeling so great like a quirky and feminine little audrey hepburn, or an edgy and mysterious rihanna, exuding confidence and boldness, even without long locks... and other days, I didn't. I missed being able to braid my hair or have it flowing down my back (with weave of course) and sometimes, felt like a little boy struggling with my sexual identity. All in all, I don't regret cutting my hair and the main reason I went for a crop like that was to remove all my dead, damaged tresses. Of course after all that hard work and sacrifice, what did I do? Destroyed my hair yet again by bleaching the shit out of it while it was short. But it's been about two years since then, and my hair is a lot healthier, due to frequent trims, minimal coloring and heat protecting. (I just recently began getting hilighted to achieve a beachy, caramely blonde for summer). But now, the moment we've all been waiting for, I have to accredit my hair's touchable smoothness and healthier look to one of my HGP's... The Macadamia Deep Repair Masque. I. Am. Obsessed. Now this might range a little bit pricey for some of you, but I urge you to at least try one of the sample packets if you aren't completely convinced, because then I know you will buy the full size. Here's a hint: it's cheaper on Amazon than it is at Ulta or Target. I got the largest size container which lasted me about 6 months for only $25, and that is a GREAT investment if you ask me.

     This shit is the bee's knees. The product claims "Macadamia Deep Repair Masque is a revitalizing hair reconstructor for dry, damaged hair. A combination of macadamia oil and argon oil along with tea tree oil, chamomile oil, aloe and algae extracts rejuvenate and rebuild the hair, leaving the hair deeply nourished for improved elasticity and shine with long-lasting conditioning benefits." And really, it delivers. It smells like a tropical coconut fruity heaven, for starters. It has a nice, thick and creamy consistency, and runs smoothly into my hair while I'm in the shower. *Tip: I like to shampoo my hair, then comb it while in the shower, apply my masque and comb it again, to really work it through, then I pile it ontop of my head to sit.* I concentrate most of the product in my ends, but it most definitely does NOT make my hair oily or greasy when I apply the remainder to my crown and through the rest of my hair. I do have to warn you though, this product is serious about smoothing, shining, and making your hair feel soooo soft. Therefore, I would recommend using it only about 1-3 times a week, maximum, otherwise your hair might feel a bit flat without teasing, just because it literally makes it so soft, and noticeably less brittle. I just love it, I can't explain what a difference it makes every time I use it, you just have to see for yourself.



Special thanks to Pugly Pixel for the roses/plaid stock photos!

2 comments:

  1. I think this stuff is amazing. Seriously brave of you to cut all your hair off, my sister did too but I've never had the nerve to go shorter than a bob (Which I hated!)

    100 Follower Giveaway: Essie, Urban Decay, Soap & Glory, Lush!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! You know it's good when nearly everyone uses it :) xo

      Delete

T H A N K » Y O U » XX