-->

RECIPE: RASPBERRY GREEK YOGURT CHIA PANCAKES (Healthy & Delicious)



So I woke up this morning craving something filling and full of protein to give me a great start to my day. After doing a little bit of morning yoga, I ventured downstairs to try out a pancake recipe I found on Ambitious Kitchen, but with my own twist to it. That's the link to Monique's original recipe. I changed out the blueberries for raspberries too, honey greek yogurt for plain, and added some chia seeds as well. I have to say, these were AMAZING, delicious and so fluffy!! The syrup too, yum yum yum. To see how I made these just read on through the cut!




Instructions:
1. In large bowl mix up the flour and baking powder; set aside. I used whole wheat flour which has extra fiber.
2. In a smaller sized bowl, mix up the eggs, greek yogurt, honey, almond milk (I used coconut almond) and vanilla. My mom's friend made us some pure organic vanilla extract that she put in the cutest little bottle with a bow on it, adorable! Make sure everything is really well mixed, I also threw in my chia seeds at this point so they could soak up the liquids and get their jelly consistency.
3. Now combine the dry and the wet mixes together and stir them up with a wooden spoon, or whatever works best for you. Mine was a little bit too thick and dry at this point, so I just added more almond milk until it had that pancake batter consistency. You want it to be a little bit thicker than normal pancakes would be though.
4. Toss in those scrumptious berries! And snack on a couple of them fresh if you want as well. Mix gently.
5. I use organic coconut oil to prime my skillet, over a medium heat and started plopping those pancakes on there. I did need to spread it around a bit into more of a round pancake shape, but they seemed to cook well through the entire pancake.
6. Flip those suckers over and get ready to pig out.

From Monique: "To make the syrup, place maple syrup, strawberries, and vanilla in a saucepan over medium heat. Wait until mixture begins to simmer and boil, and stir every few minutes. Once mixture begins to breakdown and strawberries cook down about 5 minutes, remove from heat and serve warm immediately." Now let me just say, this realllllly made my pancakes taste amazing! I didn't use quite a whole cup of syrup, since I was the only one eating, and my batch yielded about 6 pancakes, so I have 4 leftover for tomorrow or whatever! 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. These look so amazingly delicious! Yum! :)

    www.debrabros.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

T H A N K » Y O U » XX