-->

Nail Polish Obsession

Okay so if you're anything like me... you LOVE nail polish. I currently have over 70 colors and counting. It's a sick and scary obsession. I literally cannot enter a drug store or any store carrying nail varnish without buying at least one, I'm serious. So after much experimentation and use of all different brands, I can tell you my personal opinion on each brand. Now this might vary from user to user, but this is just how I feel about these polishes.

OPI: By far, my favorite brand. Colors are always on point, drying usually as they do in the bottle. The brush is the perfect size for my nails and the formula goes on smooth, usually requiring maximum of 2 coats, usually more like one. runs about $8-$10 a bottle usually, but the Nicole by OPI polishes work just as well and are a bit cheaper! You can get those at Walmart even.
Revlon: My second favorite! Revlon brand nail polishes are cheap, only like $3-$4 at drugstores, which is amazing. The colors are usually true to bottle, and this goes on even smoother than OPI, I think. Really easy application, but usually takes two coats. Doesn't chip quickly with a top coat !! Really worth it for the price, and bottles are fairly large with a lot of polish. Some colors are a bit ~mature~ for my taste but there are a lot of fun and bright ones, and some metallics and glitter which are cool!
Essie: Now, don't get me wrong, Essie has some of THE best shades out there. And the names are so cute and clever. BUT I absolutely hate the brushes, they're way too fat, and the formula becomes quickly goopy and thick. Yuck! For the price, I guess it's worth buying one now and then for a cool color, but Essie also chips at rapid speed. Paint your nails the day you want that color to be shown, because by the next day or two they will have started to chip.
American Apparel: YUCK. HORRIBLE. First time using these, they work okay, pretty nice color selection too. But after the bottle is opened, forget about it. So gloopy and thick and gross. I can't even be bothered anymore.
China Glaze: I like to choose this polish when I get a manicure because I feel like it lasts longest besides OPI.. but the colors aren't always true to what they seem in the bottle which is disappointing sometimes. Brush applicator is okay, works fine for natural nails mostly.
Ulta: Good price... not the best formula. Chips easily and requires multiple coats. Some cool colors for cheap.

So yup! That's all I could think to list for now..These pictures shown are just a few of my latest nail-do's. I'll try and remember what shades I used?

Top Left: Essie's Bikini So Teeny Top Right: Revlon 310 Timeless, Revlon 919 Black Lingerie, American Apparel in Office, Sally Girl in White
Left: Essie Mojito Madness and Revlon 925 Gold Coin Right: Revlon 919 Black Lingerie, Revlon 640 Fearless and Sally Girl Gold Large Glitter Top Coat
Left: The tan part is American Apparel California Trooper Right: Cosmic nails used Revlon 919 Black Lingerie, China Glaze Pink Voltage, OPI Not Like the Movies, China Glaze For Audrey and various glitter top coats.

What are your favorite nail polish brands? Colors? Also.. if anyone would be interested in nail art tutorials, I might post a few! xox Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment

T H A N K » Y O U » XX