-->

Things I've Been Loving: October Favorites

Now I know most bloggers wait until the end of the month for this type of post, but let's face it; I'm not most bloggers. Firstly I don't update often enough, I don't have a professional camera, and I don't make my writing and reviews all sparkly-shiny-happy... I just write what I'm really thinking. I've got a bunch of stuff on my mind and I've been so busy trying to get my life in order and figured out, so now I think I should get back to blogging. Writing. An outlet to get some of my thoughts out of the creative, messy, jumble that is my brain! I've been living in California 6 months now. I can barely believe it really happened, me moving here. It's hard to be away from friends and family, and I definitely get homesick.. but I still feel like I've barely scratched the proverbial surface of Northern California sights and adventures it has to offer. (Confessing to spending some days off on Scandal marathons instead of using my time productively.) Therefore, I must carry on, and be grateful for the life I've made for myself and how much more I have to gain and grow in my career and my passions and my relationship and my adventures here in the bay.


On a lighter note!! Here are some of my *loves* for this month. First up is my Heaux Riri for MAC Cosmetics lipstick. I have a thing for collecting lipsticks, but when I find one I love, the rest seem to fall into hibernation while I relentlessly attempt to use my current favorite to its bones. This is the perfect deep, berry colored, matte finish for day or night. My only complaint about it is the consistency and texture is a bit more stiff or dry than the regular matte formula from MAC, but the color is long lasting and pigmented. Here's the queen herself rocking Heaux:

Next up is Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in Santa Fe. I normally don't wear too much foundation unless it's a special occasion, but the finish of this product is perfect for my skin which tends to be a little on the dry side. It has a really natural look, and definitely is NOT full coverage, so if you are looking for that, it's not the foundation for you. But I have freckles and I'm learning to embrace them so this is a nice one to let them peek through, while still evening out my redness. I usually use a Real Techiniques buffing brush to apply, or a beauty blender. Only con to this is that it doesn't come with a pump, but you can buy one separately. I also bought some Red Cherry Lashes in #43 in a bulk set with 6 pairs and I'm loving the super long, natural looking Kim K winks I'm giving out when wearing them. Although my boyfriend told me never to wink at him again. They were super affordable, I think only around $15 for the set! My go-to sultry eye duo includes Kat Von D Liquid Autograph Eyeliner in Puro Amor and Urban Decay Perversion Mascara. I know I've preached the wonders of this liquid eyeliner before and I really can't say it enough how amazingly black, matte, long lasting and perfect it is, and the Perversion mascara is it's partner in crime. Only complaint about the mascara is the brush is pretty bulky, and I probably go back to using my ever faithful Maybelline The Rocket brush after I'm done with this. To go along with my natural skin, who would say no to some razor blade cheek bones that I've contoured the hell out of with my NYX Blush in Taupe. No, really this is a nice and natural gray-based, matte blush that makes really realistic shadows and contour impact. I use it on my cheeks and also a bit around the nose when I'm feeling really fierce. Unfortunately this is a discontinued color but you can find it online somewhere for sure.

Jewelry wise- I've been rocking a little chevron half-ring by Madewell (similar one here) and a midi-Swarovski ring by Bing Bang (get it here.) on a daily basis. To go along with that, my 14k Alex and Ani Chain station necklace, with a Hamsa Charm, Four Way Cross Charm and a Jet Black Swarovski Crystal. These you can only get in the Rhode Island store locations for now, but you definitely can call them up and place an order over the phone for your own (more information here).

In the "other" category I'm obsessing and binging over Scandal, frivolously trying to catch up so I can watch Season 4 live. Also attempting to learn the art of chugging wine a-la Olivia, and dress with that utterly CHIC perfection America's Whore has mastered. White is definitely her color, now I'm on a mission to find my perfect hue for a staple wardrobe. To-buy: Prada bag, Burberry trench coat. There was a blog, long since neglected, called Scandal On a Budget... really wish they'd update more! May have to do some digging myself.

I've been reading 1Q84 which is taking me forever but is amazing.... I will probably make a post about my thoughts on it once I'm done. That's all for now friends! (Is anyone reading this?) Off to attempt to clean my apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

T H A N K » Y O U » XX